Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Opportunity Knocks

I received a voicemail today from a company I decided to put an application in with. They are interested in talking to me, and if I were so fortunate to get this position, it would mean a considerable hike in my pay. Of course I wonder if I get it, how I will be able to juggle my time considering it is for the position of manager trainee, and I am still trying to go back to school, launch a part-time business, and even considering a move??...I think I will not let that stop me though, as I am on a mission to keep moving forward, and whatever will get me an inch further towards my goals, I will do. The plus side I could have the option of leaving Wally World, or I can juggle two jobs for little while longer. This opportunity could not have come at a better time as Wally World is really getting on my last; so many allegations of corruption from management on down. I look at some of the people who I thought were decent, and am amazed--it's like everyone is at a masquerade party with their disguises on. Don't get me wrong I don't think I am so much better than many of my co-workers, it is just that I have a problem with people being completely phony. How can you talk about others work ethics, and the thievery of the customers, when you are stealing anything that is not tied down? Last night, I felt like I was floating above the whole situation, like I was on the outside looking in. The sad part is that many of these people will remain there, because as I said a few members of management are said to be involved. Even though some people have been recorded on camera, they refuse to do anything about it unless they steal a certain amount. ???? It is a madhouse lol, and those of us who are fairly normal, are the outsiders.

1 comment:

LastStand said...

I'd be placing a call to the market office. And if they didn't care, I'd call Bentonville. Them boys in Bentonville don't play when it comes to their money being stolen.