Saturday, October 13, 2007

My Peepz

As I have said from the beginning of starting this blog that one of my intentions behind wanting to have my own business and be successful, was because of my family---the people I grew up with and have went through the good and the bad with. I come from a big family I have 8 siblings. 3 brothers, and 5 sisters (we girls have always ruled). We have our moments when we get on each others nerves, but we are pretty close and are there when it matters. But I think that big families have a different type of close bonded relationship than smaller families, not that they love more, but the structure is different, and there is definitely a hierarchy system amongst the siblings. I am the third oldest; we range from the oldest at 30 to the youngest at 14. We did not have alot of material things growing up, but I still don't feel like I was deprived of any important worldly possessions, because when you don't have much as a child, but you have alot of siblings, you can be very creative and still have lots of fun. I especially enjoyed always having someone to blame when something went wrong lol Oh! the mind games we played on my younger siblings when they were little kids lol innocent of course nothing traumatizing. The siblings have always been divided into 3 sets, there is me and my older brother and older sister, and we were always known as the "3 older ones" then we have the next group of 4 (of which 2 are twins) which we originally use to refer to as "the babies" until the last 2 came and they became the "4 little ones" and then the last 2 which we referred to as "the babies" I know some other big families, and they say that they too have some sort of system, and most big families I know are very close-knit. It has been very rare for me to find a big family that is not close. Although my siblings can drive me insane most of the time, I wouldn't let anyone hurt any of them and I love them warts and all.....

No comments: