Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Update 2

My coworker; the one who lives with and helps take care of her daughter and granddaughter, has told me of a new concern she has right now. Her daughter has decided to join the Reserves, and while that may be ok for some people, I do not think it is good for her. Her mother does not think it is a good idea either. She is joining because she feels as though this is her only option, but the thing is she has not exhausted all her options, and besides that, that is not a good enough reason to commit yourself to something so serious. She has 2 little girls to think about as well, and while she is gone that leaves my co-worker in even more of a bind. So my coworker has been stressing over this for the past few days. I have a couple of friends who joined the army right after high school, not because they really wanted to be in the military, but because they said they felt that since they did not get the best grades in school this was their only option. Not too soon after joining did they begin to regret taking this path and they both eventually had children while they were in, and one of my friends had to leave her 2 kids for a year while she went to Iraq. She said it was one of the hardest things to do, now she is trying to get out. I think if you feel like joining the military because you believe it is a good thing and something you want to do then go ahead and join, but if you are doing it for an easy way out, you are in for a serious awakening..

No comments: