Saturday, November 24, 2007
|What Wasaski Means|
|You Are A Green Girl|
|Your Superpower Should Be Manipulating Electricity|
|You Are Fall!|
|You Are Paper|
|Your Beauty Element is Air|
|You Are the Super Ego|
|You Belong in London|
|You Are a Realist|
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Saturday, October 13, 2007
I am experiencing a whirlwind of emotions right now, boring stuff, but I will post it anyway as I am taking advantage of these few rare moments when I can blog.
- I have just been blessed with another nephew, my bro and my sister-in-law have just had a little boy yesterday, to add to the little girl they already have.(This adds to the 2 nephews and 2 neices that I have thru my older sis) He is so adorable, he wighed 6lbs 10oz, but my sister-in-law said he was a more difficult delivery then my niece (that does not surprise me as my younger brother has always been a real pain lol like father like son). So I am happy about that.
- I also am happy because I have actually made real progress with my bag(s) construction last night, I can see some light at the end of the tunnel, if only I can keep myself on track and not divert from my current direction, I will be that much closer to my giveaway contest and actually displaying them on the websitethatIneedtofinishbutcan'tbecauseIhavelimitedaccesstotheInternet.
- Now for my frustration: work as usual is the main source; too much drama there, and I am having to try and pick up an extra day or two, because I am going through a financial crisis (what else is new) and have one day left before my license will be officially suspended for not having any insurance on my car :( because I can't afford the freakin payment right now arrrggghhh! The worst thing about working a crappy job is when you try and get those extra hours (not overtime mind you, the company shuns this, and will threaten termination if you do incur the O.T.) you end up killing yourself and when you get the paycheck you see maybe an extra 10 to 15 dollars after taxes! So those are the main culprits for my anguish right now, but I will try and drudge through as usual and keep the hope that I eventually things will get better. Once you've reached rock bottom, you can either stay there, or claw your way back up.
Friday, October 12, 2007
Saturday, October 6, 2007
- I dream I am walking.
- Walking in the desert; nothing around me or behind me.
- Nothing except the white warm sand.
- I am not hot, nor do I feel any discomfort.
- My clothes are clean and light.
- I am traveling alone, but I am not worried or lonely.
- My soul feels free and cleansed.
- Further ahead of me I can see a well of water and the sun shining beautifully.
- I do not look away, for the sun does not blind me; it welcomes me.
- I am not thirsty, but the well is there for me.
- I go forward, with no afterthought of what I leave behind.
- For what awaits me is far better than what I leave.
- The end of anguish and the beginning of never-ending bliss.
Ok this is another one related to Wally World. As I said before Wally World has the nickname Club Wally World, because so many people use it as a meeting and hangout place. I've also mentioned that many associates, mostly the females have to deal with the advances of some of the customers as well as their fellow associates. On the overnight shift we have quite a few young guys that are between 18-20 and that does not stop them from making passes at some of the females that are slightly older, or more than slightly older. One comment I am tired of hearing from some of them is, "age is just a number." But is it really? Many of these 19 year old guys who say this act pretty immature. And no I do not say this because they like to have fun or goof off, (heck even I can be pretty goofy when I am with my friends) but most of them are still at that stage where they have not yet left boyhood. I have seen maybe 2 exceptions there. They don't yet understand that there is a difference in being young and not stuffy, and just plain childish. I think there are times and circumstances when age does not matter, but for the most part it does play a big part on the relationship.
- What do you think do you really think that age is just a number? I am more interested in this from the older female younger guy perspective. But you can comment on both angles.
- What do you think? Do you think that women do have a biological clock that they begin to become more aware of at some point in their lives?
Friday, October 5, 2007
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Monday, September 24, 2007
- Headline: Corruption at Wally World! I have mentioned before how people steal alot from Wally World. They steal just about anything, toothbrushes, pencils candy, condoms, you name it. Although majority of this comes from the customers, some items prompt you to believe that it is an inside job, such as the theft of electronic items, computers, televisions etc. Yes I did just say computers and televisions lol. Well we had had a couple of laptops stolen within the past few months, and the other day they believe they have caught the culprit. I was greeted at work Saturday night by my co-worker who told me that our suspicions as to why they were locking our trash compactor; which was causing the stockers the inconvenience of having to call out in vain (they rarely respond to your plea of help) for a member of management to come open it, were true. I had told her not too long ago that they must have their eye on someone who they think is stealing, because they were locking the compactor. Lo and behold she informed me that one of our co-workers was escorted off the premises for stealing a laptop. Wow I never would've guessed that that particular person was doing that. But it doesn't end there. At Wally World gossiping is notorious, especially in the break room (which is why I usually steer clear of the place), so of course there was more to the story. Apparently the accused named 2 other accomplices--none other than a lead associate and an assistant manager! The assistant manager who the rumor pinpoints, does not show any sign of being reprimanded from the co-manager or anything, so I do not know if they have not informed the 2 individuals that the accused mentioned their names, or if they are just watching them and waiting to catch them somehow, or my real theory is the lead associate who is new, was a mole. I think maybe they have implanted him there as a decoy to lure out some suspected thieves. At any rate I think there is much more to this story, for example there are 2 associates who work back in the electronics area overnight, and these laptops which are locked up, are being stolen under their radar? They do not take a break a the same time, one has to wait until the other comes back. But conveniently everytime a laptop is stolen they are not even able to know what happened? I have never really trusted one of the associates from the very beginning, it has always been something peculiar about that person to me, even most people don't see it. I think someday more to this story- the truth and not just rumors and gossip, will come about. Incidentally now we really feel like a criminals at work. I am afraid to take my mobile phone [which I use to keep on vibrate does not matter now; no service :( ] in and out of my pocket just for fear that they are looking at me and assuming I am putting products in my pocket lol. Another coworker commented that it was so tense that it even had some of us second guessing ourselves. How true....
Ha ha so much so much. Well I am blogging today... first thing:
- I have a new store ( cick here to visit it), well it does not actually sell my stuff, it is more of a consignment deal, I suggest and sell products for other websites. So we will see how that goes trying out new things. etc. There are some really good books on blogging in the books & manga category.
- Next I have found a host for my site, but I am in the process of tweeking it and of course I need to hurry along and finish some bags so that I can list them.
- I have been trying to check out all the blogs in my link list. I have deleted a few that I don't read enough, and have added a few. arrggh many good blogs out there.
There is so much going online I will have to write about it in another post, new topic and all.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Well I really had not planned on interrupting my I.VAC. but I was inspired to write this after something I heard at work last night. Many employees were wearing purple and black ribbons. Another associate who was passing them out asked me if I wanted one, well I am not the type to just blindly support something I don't know about, so I wanted to know what the ribbon was for. Another co-worker asked me if I had heard about the 6 black teenagers in Louisiana who were on trial for beating a white student, and was looking to face sentences of 20 to more years in jail. These students are dubbed as the Jena 6 . I don't watch the news as much as I used to (too much negativity and biased sources) so I told her oddly enough I had not. I had only just recently found out about another case in West Virginia, where a young black woman was held captive for a week, tortured, sexually assaulted, and maliciously wounded, through another blogger. So I was somewhat familiar with that story, but had not heard of the Jena 6 . Many protesters, majority of whom are black have gone to Louisiana to demonstrate against what many are calling a disparity in the law. I don't want to go into too much detail as you can read the basic background info by clicking on the keywords in this post. But the gist of it is this: black students sat under a tree that was coined as the "white tree" where mainly white students sat, and the next day 3 nooses were hung on the tree. When the principal recommended that the students responsible be expelled, the school board overturned it calling it a "harmless prank" and the local prosecutor said they were too young to be charged with a hate crime. This led to a series of riffs between the white and black students, and in the end of all this, a white student was beat up by several black students and sent to the hospital. He was treated and sent home that day, and later attended his highschool's Ring Dance. The black students were later charged with assault, and then it was increased to attempted second degree murder a charge of which incited many people to object to the severity of the possible punishment. On the first day of the trial for one of the boys (Mychal Bell) the prosecutor reduced the charges to aggravated second degree battery-a charge of which requires the use of a deadly weapon; the shoes were argued to be the deadly weapon-this charge can still carry a sentence of 22 years. He was found guilty, by an all white jury, one of which was the friend of the victims father. This sparked even further outcry from the public and Mychal Bell was given new attorneys and a chance to make an appeal. A protest led by Al Sharpton, is taking place in Louisiana....................................................... Now in the case of the West Virgina woman, Megan Williams , in which she was subjected to far greater atrocities, and was more than likely eventually going to be killed by her tormentors, police and FBI are "investigating" if this was a hate crime; even though the victim gave a statement that, one of the accused said "this is what we do to niggers around here."
- My issues
- What is there to investigate? Clearly the West Virginia case is not only a sick crime, but a racial one as well. There is no question about it. It seems to appear that when ever there is a crime concerning a white defendant, the justice system goes to great lengths to make sure that the accused are not being tried for anything extra and are being fairly treated, but in the case of non-whites, it seems everything that could possibly be thrown at them, is. These people who did this to Megan Williams; whom all have prior criminal records-Frankie Brewster was charged with 1st degree murder in 1994, and after pleading guilty to manslaughter, served only 5 years in prison, deserve to be denied freedom for many, many years to come. Are these people going to be given their just desserts? Even though this case is still new, I do not believe they will really get what they deserve. In the end they will probably be freed earlier than they should be, as was the case with Frankie Brewster.
- In the case of the kids in Louisiana, it is because of the prejudices and favoritism that was given by the school board that helped escalate the whole situation. If the school board had supported the Principal's original ruling, or at the very least gave the boys who hung the nooses more than 3 days in-school suspension, then it would have helped a little to cool the tensions between the students. Several Black students even went to the school board to try and discuss the matter, but were refused the chance, because the school board felt that it had handled the matter adequately. Also, since when does hanging nooses from a tree, after black students "crossed the line" and sat under the tree, constitute as a prank? I wonder if say for example, this school had a significant amount of middle eastern kids in its student body, and a few of them decided to wear t-shirts with the twin towers, showing the planes crashing into them and a big smiley face on the shirt, saying we support amateur pilots, or something bizarre like that, would this be considered just a silly prank? Of course not! These students would be reprimanded with much more than 3 days of in-school suspension.
- While I agree the black teenagers should be punished for beating up the white teenager, I think it is clearly a case of racism. In highschool kids get into scuffles all the time, and hardly ever is it treated with such severity. I have even witnessed, in middle school no less, where students have beat up other students, with the same type of force kicking etc. this involved a multitude of races, and not necessarily a race thing, per se and these students may have suffered expulsion, and detention time, but never to be charged as adults for attempted murder. That is absolutely absurd. I do not, and I am quite sure many people would agree, believe that this is a case of attempted murder. They beat him up (just as some of the black students had been beat up by some whites); were they wrong? yes. Did they attempt to murder him? I seriously do not believe so.
Overall does racism still exist in America? I think so, heck it still exists around the world. What I hope is that the number of non-racists can outweigh the number of racist people in the world, so we can have a little more harmony...
- Note: please take the survey and watch this video at Youtube which shows how Fox News once again establishes themselves as a discreditable news source.
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Monday, September 17, 2007
- Things I learned today are: 1. I Really Love Widgetbox.com! Not only can you get some really cool widgets, and make widgets, but you actually find alot of cool websites through them as well. The site is so User-Friendly as well. I have listed them in my flash box (flash box to the right side of page) of my favorite things because I really, really, like their site.
- 2. I usually don't see all the Internet-hype videos until the last minute because....usually I'm just not that interested, I don't watch alot on TV and I really do not like watching the majority of the trash that people post at Youtube. One of my contacts suggested that I see this particular video on Youtube and I relented today. The video I saw today was the Brittney Spear's Plea video. (I had seen the buzz about it online, but really was not interested in watching it) I must say it is completely annoying and yet funny. I agree that we are a society in which we are too engrossed in "celebrity" life and that many magazines viciously attack and invade the personal lives of individuals in the limelight. At the same time a "celebrity" should also expect that that type of thing comes with the territory. Personally I could care less what most celebrities do, I have my own life to deal with. But that is not why the guy made the video, he made it for his own personal agenda. What makes the video so annoying is the fact that the guy is clearly either crazy and obsessed, or an attention seeking overreactive person himself. Which after watching it once more, I came to the conclusion that it was both. This guy is clearly out for attention, and he is getting it, because many people are viewing his video and making parody videos in response thereby giving him increased ratings on Ytube. Which is giving him the attention he so strongly craves. Proof of this is the follow-up interview he did with Jimmy Kimmel--- pretty disturbing . I think after seeing the video, I may have nightmares now :(
- Finally the last thing I learned today (relating to online that is) was that there are alot of blogs out there that are pretty interesting, but I think I have enough in my link list, I don't want too many more as I will not have time to keep up with reading all of them all the time. So I will try to only add a few if I come across any more good ones. I may post a link to another blogger's site from time to time, but I can't add too many more to my link list, as it will take up more space. So when appropriate I will still give linkage, just not a permanent place in my links list.
Sunday, September 16, 2007
How do you express in words the love you have for the creator of all; the one who knows?
Love from a cup in which affection and devotion continuously flows
How do you explain such feelings of admiration that extends far beyond any category or class?
If you attempt to describe it you would not complete your spiel until you breathed your last
He guides and encompasses everything that is
He receives no assistance from anyone; the ability is unique and it is only his
This he does without ever making an attempt
It is beyond all humanly capacity; a skill from which we are exempt
We are the orginal creation of "The One Who Creates"
A talent of which we can never relate
If you try to pursue the task of describing him, you will be left in awe of the only "All Knowing King"
For he is true beauty, he is most powerful, and merciful; he is everything
Saturday, September 15, 2007
After the fog fades and reality comes into visibility, this is what is left. The after effects of love gone sour.
(Looking back on it now, I think how dramatic lol)
- Join 3,415,622 Stumblers & Discover New Sites Channel surf the internet with the StumbleUpon toolbar to find great websites, videos, photos and more based on your interests. StumbleUpon learns what you like and makes better recommendations. Join StumbleUpon Today > Connect, Meet and Share Connect with friends and share your discoveries, meet people that have similar interests, and check out what other people are discovering
- Skype to Skype allows users to call other Skype users anywhere in the world for free. Always. Skype Out is a cheap way to call cell and landlines around the world. Learn more about our rates. SkypeIn a phone number from any US (some international) area code that reaches you on Skype. Video Smile, wave or say hello to anyone, anywhere in the world with free one-to-one video conversations. Video Chat/Multichat Up to hundred Skype members can chat online together. Bookmark the chat to keep an open forum or track decisions. Skype Voicemail takes your calls when you're busy or offline and allows you to leave a voicemail when the person you're contacting in offline or busy. Chat/Multichat
You can join Skype for free from the ebay website.
- [note* Skype was founded by European entrepreneurs, Niklas Zennstrom and Janus Friis, and was later aquired by ebay in September 2005 for more technical info about Skype visit Wikipedia ]
Friday, September 14, 2007
- Words that are in code; waiting to be deciphered.
- Words that make you ponder
- Words that excites your imagination
- Words that are complex
- Words that force you to extend your mind to greater capacities
- Words that awaken your senses; forces you to see, feel, hear, smell and taste everything as if it were your first time.